According to Okta, the average enterprise uses almost 200 separate applications to get work done. That’s where the Content Cloud comes in – a single unified and secure content layer ensuring interoperable access to your files anywhere, at anytime, across any platform.
Box and Google Workspace share a deep commitment to deliver seamless and secure collaboration and productivity to our joint customers. We first launched Box for Google Workspace back in 2018, enabling our customers to take advantage of Google Workspace’s best-in-class productivity tools – such as Docs, Sheets, and Slides – while staying within Box and leveraging our advanced security, compliance, and lifecycle management. Since then, we have continued to expand our partnership with the Box for Google Workspace Add-on, allowing users to migrate content to Box, and connecting their Box content to Gmail.
Today, we are excited to announce the release of a new feature, furthering our innovative partnership with Google Workspace by enhancing the Box for Google Workspace Add-on to directly integrate with Google Calendar.
Starting today, Box customers can access their Box files directly from their Google Calendar invitations, attaching a shared link and updating permissions without ever having to leave their calendar. Customers will also be able to create new Box Notes and link them directly to their calendar events. This enhancement saves customers time, eliminating the need to search for content when creating meetings, and ensures a seamless and secure collaborative experience. Continuing to expand interoperability between Google Workspace and Box enables our joint customers to get their work done faster and more effectively.
Make collaboration easy and secure with Box for Google Workspace
This integration helps our joint customers maintain enterprise level security, collaborate with anyone in real time, and centralize their content creation and management by using Box for Google Workspace’s powerful set of features:
- [New!] Connect Google Calendar using the Box for Google Workspace Add-on to attach shared links to calendar events, set permissions, and create Box meeting notes
- Create and save content easily using Google Workspace’s best-in-class content editor from within Box to edit, manage, and save Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides back to Box, eliminating the need to re-upload content
- Leverage seamless Gmail attachments by using Box for Google Workspace Add-on to save and attach Box files directly to and from your Google emails
- Access full version history of Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides in Box to maintain visibility of content
- Maintain enterprise-grade security, compliance, and governance with up to seven granular permissions available for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides managed in Box
- Box for Google Workspace Essentials enables organizations to purchase Google Workspace collaboration and communication solutions to work specifically with Box so that users can access their Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides in Box.
Box is proud to partner with Google Workspace to transform the way you work. To get started with the Box for Google Workspace integration visit the Box App Center, then find and enable the Box add-on in the Google Workspace Marketplace. For more information on our partnership, check out our partner pages at google.com and box.com.